venerdì 16 marzo 2012

Swing



She cam to and her Whole life was how she remembered it She had a mouth full of fur And she was laughing She parked her hearse across Three spaces posted for motorcycles only And jumped out shouting What the cus could make a nice girl like us Feel so lonely? Are you weary as water In a faucet left dripping With an incessant sadness Like a sad record skipping And an ugly and ornery And shadowy dread Lurking like a troll under the bridge Between your heart and your head Please dumb blind kind sir Lend little miss listless a bit of Christmas She's been a real good girl But now she's stuck here The world is so little and still Mysterious and ominious as ever before Like an unmarked bottle full of pills On the shelf right next to the ting You were reaching for Swing the groove 'round here Where I can reach it When I get my ass back on track I'm gonna need it Swing shift til I get the money To buy me and my baby a moon full of honey Then I'm gonna turn the nagging voices Inside my head That follow me to bed and say You suck.. blah blah blah

Leggi tutto il testo su: http://singring.virgilio.it/testi/ani-difranco/testo-swing.html
She came to and her  
Whole life was how she remembered it  
She had a mouth full of fur  
And she was laughing
She parked her hearse 

Across three spaces posted for motorcycles only  
And jumped out, shouting "What the cus could make a nice girl Like us feel so lonely?"
Are you weary as water  

In a faucet left dripping  
With an incessant sadness  
Like a sad record skipping
And an ugly and ornery  

And shadowy dread  
Lurking like a troll under the bridge 
Between your heart and your head
Please dumb blind kind sir  

Lend little miss listless a bit of Christmas  
She's been a real good girl  
But now she's stuck here
The world is so little and still  

Mysterious and ominous as ever before  
Like an unmarked bottle full of pills  
On the shelf right next to the ting  
You were reaching for
Swing the groove 'round here  

Where I can reach it  
When I get my ass back on track I'm gonna need it
Swing shift 'til I get the money  

To buy me and my baby a moon full of honey 
Then I'm gonna turn the nagging voices 
Inside my head
That follow me to bed and say  

You suck, blah, blah, blah

Ani DiFranco

Nessun commento:

Tutti i testi e le immagini di questo blog sono (c) di
Guglielmo Nigro,
salvo dove diversamente indicato.
Puoi diffonderli a tuo piacere ma ti chiedo di
esplicitare sempre l'autore e/o la fonte.