venerdì 21 giugno 2013

Seek up





Sometimes I feel like I'm fallingFall back again, fall back again,Fall back again, fall back againOh, life it seems a struggle betweenWhat we think what we seeI'm not going to change my waysJust to please you or appease youInside a crowd, five billion proudWilling to punch it outRight, wrong, weak, strongAshes to ashes all fall downLook around about this roundAbout this merry-go-round aroundIf at all God's gaze upon us fallHis mischievous grin, look at him
Forget about the reasons andThe treasons we are seekingForget about the notion thatOur emotions can be swept awayForget about being guilty,We are innocent insteadFor soon we will all find our lives swept away
Sit awhile with TV's hungry childBig belly swelledOh, for a price of a coke or a smokeKeep alive those hungy eyesTake a look at me, what you see in me,Mirror look at meFace it all, face it all again
Forget about the reasons andThe treasons we are seekingForget about the notion that your emotions can beWept away, kept at bayForget about being guilty, i am innocent insteadFor soon we will all find our lives swept away
You seek up an emotionAnd our cup is overflowingYou seek up an emotion,Sometimes your well is dryYou seek up a big monsterFor him to fight your wars for youBut when he finds his way to you, the devil's notGoing--ha, ha
Say, say
Look at me in my fancy carAnd my bank accountOh, how I wish I could take it all downInto my grave, I'd saveTake a look again, take a look again,Take a look againEveryday things change,...stay the same
Forget about the reasons andThe treasons we are seekingForget about the notion thatYour emotions can be swept awayIntentions are not wicked,Don't be tricked into thinking soSoon we will all find our lives swept away
You seek up an emotionAnd our cup is overflowingYou seek up an emotion,Sometimes your well is dryYou seek up a big monsterFor him to fight your wars for youBut when he finds his way to you,The devil's not going--ha, ha

Nessun commento:

Tutti i testi e le immagini di questo blog sono (c) di
Guglielmo Nigro,
salvo dove diversamente indicato.
Puoi diffonderli a tuo piacere ma ti chiedo di
esplicitare sempre l'autore e/o la fonte.